01162763377 | email@example.com
Information and Records
10.11 Working in partnership with other agencies
We work in partnership with local and national agencies to promote the well-being of all children.
- We work in partnership or in tandem with, local and national agencies to promote the well-being of children.
- Procedures are in place for sharing of information about children and families with other agencies. These are set out in the Information Sharing Policy, Safeguarding Children and Child Protection Policy and the Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs Policy.
- Information shared by other agencies with us is regarded as third party information. This is also kept in confidence and not shared without consent from that agency.
- When working in partnership with staff from other agencies, we make those individuals welcome in the setting and their professional roles are respected.
- We follow the protocols for working with agencies, for example on child protection.
- Staff from other agencies do not have unsupervised access to the child they are visiting in the setting and do not have access to any other child(ren) during their visit.
- Our staff do not casually share information or seek informal advice about any named child/family.
- When necessary we consult with local and national agencies who offer a wealth of advice and information that help us develop understanding of issues facing us and who can provide support and information for parents. For example, ethnic/cultural organisations, drug/alcohol agencies, welfare rights advisors or organisations promoting childcare and education, or adult education.